Blue Martini Fundraising Event
Despite inclement weather, our February 24th event at the Blue Martini, International Plaza, was a great success. Fifty ticket holders braved the storm. They were joined by Blue Martini patrons who learned about Wheels of Success that evening, doubling participation in the fun.
Door prizes were plentiful, including 25 chances for items valued under $100. We would like to thank the following contributors of raffle prizes:
- Blue Martini–4 gift certificates
- International Plaza–2 gift certificates
- Terri Wolske, Weekenders–gift certificate
- Citrus Park Computers–free web template
- Alan Ledo Salon–manicure/pedicure
- Reflections Salon–haircut
- Dunkin Donuts–coffee basket
- Catch 23 Restaurant–gift certificate
- Jerry’s Massage Therapy @ LaPosh–full-hour massage
- Michael Harris, Photographer–family collage matte print
- Lifestyle Family Fitness Center–two 2-week passes
- Lorie Cross–handmade beaded bracelets and mechanic’s basket
- Cosmetique Beauty Bar–gift package
- Adrian Wright’s Bar-B-Q — gift certificate
- Mr. Klean Auto Detailing–wash/hand wax
- Jim Burton’s Auto Brite–full auto detail
- Casual Living, a Division of the Thompson Company–Carry-a-Tune software
- Susan Jacobs–five boxes of cigars, four AMC movie passes, and a Thompson Outlet Store gift certificate
Auction Items ranged from $250 to $1,000 in value. The contributors and their items included:
- Sunny Ro,Volvo of Tampa–2 Lightning game suite tickets
- Peninsula Inn–Inn & Spa package
- Doug Frain, Diversified Maintenance–2 Bucs Suite tickets
Caught up in the excitement of both the auction and the cause, Blue Martini patron Doug Frain, of Diversified Maintenance, donated two of his Bucs Suite tickets for any game next season. The $850 brought in by this impromptu donation made up for the loss of participation caused by the downpour of rain.
We would like to acknowledge Cox Feivelson’s donation of two beautiful, framed prints valued at $300 each. We were unable to auction the prints because we didn’t want to risk carrying them through the rain, but we will be using them to raise funds at our next event.
This event’s success, despite the storm has brought requests for a repeat performance. We are planning to hold this, at the Blue Martini, on April 20th, so watch for details on our site!
Thanks especially to our main sponsor of the evening, Jaguar of Tampa, who donated the grand prize–a Jaguar X Type for the weekend. This was won by a ticket holder from Spheris, a company who once again came with a table of people and a corporate donation. We thank Spheris for their unwavering support and enthusiasm as an official corporate sponsor.