Donate a Car
Your Wheels Can Drive The Success of Others
It’s a win-win and even a win-win-win with Wheels of Success.
Here’s the win-win: By donating to Wheels of Success, you help put someone behind the wheel of a car that can put them on the road to success. And, you’re receiving a tax deduction as noted below.
The third “win” has to do with our partner organizations.
- You can donate your car to Wheels of Success, requesting that it go to a client of a particular participating organization, such as Metropolitan Ministries or The Spring of Tampa Bay.
- When you donate your vehicle directly to a charity that is a partner organization of Wheels of Success, we will repair the vehicle, if possible, to make it ready for an eligible client of that charity.
- If a donated vehicle is sold at auction instead of provided to a client, the partner organization receives a portion of the net proceeds to help it fulfill its mission.
- For businesses, your participation may help you retain and assist your employees. Through our Employer Partnership Program, employers can refer qualified employees to us for consideration for a future vehicle.
Both individuals and corporations can benefit from choosing Wheels of Success for a vehicle donation:
- You may be eligible for a larger tax deduction. Depending on the condition of your vehicle and the availability of funds to make necessary repairs, Wheels of Success will offer it to someone in need of reliable transportation. In this case, you would be able to deduct its fair market value. (Please check with your accountant about the actual amount allowed for deduction.) If you donate to a nonprofit that is not one of our partners, and it then sells your car at auction, you would only be able to claim the amount it was sold for.
- We’ll pick it up for free! You don’t have to worry about getting the vehicle to us. We’ll pick it up at no charge, thanks to our partner AAA Auto Club.
Complete our Vehicle Donation Application or contact us for additional information.