Make a Donation
Well, no, we don’t actually build a car – or do we?
Started with seed money from the Lightning Foundation Community Hero Program, the Build a Car program is for donors who want to help “build” a car with their donation of any size. Their support allows Wheels of Success to refurbish vehicles to provide reliable transportation to low- and moderate-income working individuals who need a vehicle to get to work and move their lives forward.
There are a few steps to Build a Car, all of which rely on our valued sponsors, partners and donors:
- First, a donor contacts us and completes our Vehicle Donation Application.
- Or, in some cases, we may purchase a vehicle.
- Once we identify what, if any, repairs and maintenance are required to restore the vehicle to good working condition, sponsors can support the cost – allowing us to “Build a Car.” Repair services are provided by our partners in the automotive industry. The average cost to restore a vehicle is $3,000, but the result is a well-functioning, reliable vehicle.
- Whether you are an individual, service organization, car dealership or a company looking for a team building activity, you can help us Build a Car for a local family.
- Donors may also fund specific repair or replacement items.
Wheels of Success offers our Build a Car sponsors the opportunity to present the vehicle to our client during an event at their place of business, which we promote through media.
Contact us today to help us Build a Car.
$25 buys windshield wiper blades
$100 buys a battery
$100 buys 2 tires
$150 fixes brakes
$300 replaces a water pump
$1000 buys an engine or transmission
Wheels of Success is also set up to receive contributions via PayPal. Just click on the button below.
Wheels of Success appreciates all support that is given. Checks can be mailed to:
Wheels of Success, Inc.
13116 N. Florida Ave.
Tampa, Fl 33612
If you would like to donate a car, please fill out our online car donation application.